Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Halloween Dreaming

While it is still over a month away, Halloween has been a popular topic of discussion in our house recently. My boys are eagerly deciding what they want to dress up as this year. They want to know when we get to make our annual trip to the pumpkin patch and "How many more days until we go trick-or-treating?". Well, all of their excitment is certainly rubbing off on me. I am dying to host a Halloween-themed party this year. I have restrained my urge in the past because my 3 year old's birthday is October 26th and two parties in one week is just crazy (or is it...???). I tried to pitch the idea of a Halloween-themed birthday party this year but the birthday boy has declined and opted for a pirate-theme instead. So, I am left day-dreaming and drooling over all of these fabulous ideas, courtesy of the inspiring Martha Stewart:

These Folded Paper Halloween Hang-Ups are sure to bring some visual "WOW" to your party.



Fun Halloween Crackers to hold some special SPOOKY treats.



Want a unique and festive decoration that can carry over into the Thanksgiving holiday? Check out this Gourd Garland.



Think twice before you toss those used jars; give them a second life as cute Halloween decorations. Just paint them in pumpkin colors and give them funny faces to make these Jar-o'-Lanterns.

Black Cat Treat Boxes made out of black pressed-paper and upside down heart-shaped boxes. Get DIY directions here.



How cute are these Witch's Broom Favors!! Love it!



This Halloween Tablecloth is easy to make (with layered crepe paper) and will add lots of color to your table.



Who knows...maybe I will sneak in a little Halloween party after all ;) You will just have to wait and see!

1 comment:

  1. Halloween is my favorite! And Martha is at her finest on the holiday, so many fun and easy ideas!

    ReplyDelete